Essential tips for your pre-partying antics you don’t miss the grand finale!
DON’T LET THE HEAT BEAT YOUR PARTY
- It’s NYE, SO PARTY SAFE & SMART
- STAY COOL, HYDRATE & MODERATE YOR MATES
- SUNCREEN, COVER UP, BUDDY UP
- WATER + JUICE + FRUIT = HYDRATE
- DRUGS & HEAT DON’T MIX
- CONSUME IN MODERATION
- EAT TO BEAT THE HEAT
However, the following signs may indicate that you’re dealing with heatstroke:
- High body temperature (38°C or higher)
- Hot, red, dry or damp skin
- Fast, strong pulse
- Feeling confused
- you’ll actually be dry.
How can you avoid heatstroke?
- Stay in shade if possible when the heat is too high.
- Wear the right clothing – Lightweight, light-coloured, loose-fitting clothing is best, and you should top it off with a wide-brimmed hat to protect your head and face.
- Use sunscreen – Apply sunscreen liberally, and reapply it often, especially if you’ve been in the water or are sweating. It should have a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30.
- Drink plenty of fluids – Be sure to stay hydrated and replenish fluids by drinking plenty of water, fruit juice or other beverages that replace salt and electrolytes.
How should you treat heatstroke?
Attending the onsite medical centre immediately.
COOL PARTY ESSENTIALS
- Free Water
- Misting Tents
- Free water at Every Bar
- Crowd Care & First Aid